Are you a proud owner of a Ford Mustang? If so, you're in the right place! The Ford Mustang is not just a car. It's a luxury dream for many people. And even though you own it, imagine you've given it a stylish makeover that doesn't cost a fortune. That's what we're going to talk about in this guide. We will discuss upgrading your Mustang with a center console trim in cars from 2010 to 2014.
Mustang center console trim may not be the first thing that comes to mind when considering customizing your car. But trust us, it can make a big difference. It kind of adds luxury and personality to your car. If you own that unique and luxurious car, this guide will help you.
Let's go through the step-by-step process of upgrading the center console trim of your Mustang, and it doesn't matter what year it is, 2013 or 2010. From choosing the right trim to installing it flawlessly, we'll walk you through the entire process. Get ready to attract attention and elevate the interior of your Mustang!
Tools and Materials Required
So, before you go ahead and install the Mustang center console trim, it's important to take care of a few things, including remembering what year the car you have, like 2011 or something else. It is a significant step. But what's even more important is to gather the essential tools and materials. Don't worry; you won't need a whole garage of tools. Here's a simple list of what you'll need to get started:
- Center console trim kit. Of course, the Center Console Trim Kit is the most important thing. You should choose a part that is specifically designed for your car. If you have a 2014 Mustang, choose a center console trim for that car model.
- Screwdriver set. You'll also need a set of screwdrivers with different tips. Gather screwdrivers with Phillips and flat tips. It will help you unscrew the screws that hold the old trim in place.
- Trim removal tools. These handy tools are designed to pry up and remove the old trim safely. They won't damage adjacent areas.
- Cleaning products. Before installing a new Mustang center console trim, such as 2012, you must thoroughly clean the center console. All you need is a microfiber cloth and a mild cleaning agent for this. Also, Take a small amount of water.
- Adhesive promoter. This special liquid helps the new trim stick securely to the center console. Some stores provide this stuff in a kit. If your kit doesn't have it, you need to purchase it in advance.
- Adhesive tape. Depending on the trim kit, you may need duct tape or Velcro strips to attach the new trim. This stuff will help you attach the new console more securely.
- Alcohol wipes. Alcohol wipes will help you prepare the surface. For example, you have a 2011 Mustang and decided to install a center console trim. Then, you must ensure you are clean and prepared to install this new trim. And alcohol wipes will help you.
- Patience and attention. Yes, this may not be a physical tool. However, it is an equally important item. Take your time, pay attention to details, and follow the instructions carefully. This way, you can ensure that your car is perfectly refreshed.
Arm yourself with these tools and materials. This way, you'll be fully prepared to upgrade the center console trim of your 2010-2014 Ford Mustang. It's not a difficult process. By following the instructions and taking your time, you'll have your Mustang looking sleek and stylish in no time!
Choosing the Right Console Trim
Choosing the perfect center console trim for your 2010-2014 Ford Mustang is an interesting step in updating your interior. Here are some simple tips to help you make the right choice:
- Match the model year. Ensure that the trim kit you choose is for a specific model year. If your Mustang is a 2012, you must choose a center console trim specifically for that car. If you make a mistake, you won't be able to install the panel.
- Material and finish. You can find the center console trim in different materials. It can be carbon fiber, aluminum, or wood grain. Also, this thing can have a glossy or matte finish. Choose the option that suits your style. But remember that it should complement the overall interior of the car.
- Color combination. Consider the interior colors of your Mustang. Choose trim that blends well with the interior color or adds contrast. Some trim kits even offer customizable color options.
- Difficulty of installation. Are you not a DIY professional? Then, look for a trim kit that is easy to install. Some kits require no tools or special skills. Or ask for help from your mate.
- Budget options. There are trim kits that are designed for different budgets. You won't have to spend a fortune to give your Mustang a fresh look. For example, pick up a good center console trim for your 2013 Mustang. Remember that good options can also be at a nice price.
- Reviews and testimonials. Check out reviews online and ask for recommendations from other Mustang owners. Their experience will help you choose a trim that is reliable and looks good.
Following these recommendations, you can choose a central console trim that is not perfect for your 2010-2014 Mustang. But it will also give your car's interior a personalized and stylish look. Have fun upgrading!
Step-by-Step Upgrade Process
So, hopefully, you have already purchased the perfect central console trim for your 2010-2014 Ford Mustang. Which means it's time to start the upgrade process. We wanted to explain everything to you simply and straightforwardly. Therefore, we've divided the upgrade process into two of the most important steps. It is the stage of removing the old cladding and installing the new cladding.
We want to provide a fantastic upgrade to the interior of your Mustang. Well, before we get to the details, be sure to read the instructions that come with your specific trim kit. These instructions are a roadmap that will help you avoid difficulties.
Modify the Center Console trim on your Mustang with all tools and materials ready. Follow each step carefully, and you'll be amazed at how much your car's appearance will change. Get ready to enjoy the style and updated interior. After all, it will match your unique taste and style.
Removing the Old Console Trim
Before you dive into upgrading your Mustang's center console trim, starting on the right foot is essential. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to remove the old console trim:
- Prepare your workspace. First, find a well-lit and ventilated place to work. Safety first! Disconnect the vehicle battery. This way, you can eliminate the possibility of electric shock during the upgrade.
- Remove the shift knob. If your 2012 Mustang or other Mustang has a manual transmission, you will need to carefully unscrew or disconnect the shift knob before installing the center console trim. It is the hour you need to access the console trim underneath it.
- Remove the cupholder inserts. Do you have removable cup holder inserts on your console? Then remove them. They will give you access to the console trim underneath.
- Remove the center console cover. Depending on the Mustang model, such as 2013 or another year, the center console trim cover you may attach with screws. Or it may be clips. Use the proper tools to remove them carefully. Take your time to avoid damaging the cover to the surrounding area.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors. Do you have electrical connectors for power windows or seat heating functions on the console? Then, disconnect them with care. You don't want to damage the wires accidentally.
- Remove the old trim. Now comes the fun part! Using the trim removal tools, carefully pry and remove the old console trim pieces. Patience is the key here. Take your time to avoid scratches and dents on the adjacent areas.
- Clean the surface. Have you removed the old center console trim of your 2011 Mustang or other years? Now it's time to clean it. Use a mild detergent or interior cleaner. This way, you can freshen up the exposed surfaces. A microfiber cloth is ideal for cleaning dust and debris from the surface.
By following these steps, you're well on your way to transforming the interior of your Mustang. Removing the old console trim is the first important step in this exciting modernization journey.
Installing the New Console Trim
With the old console trim out of the way, it's time to make your Mustang's interior shine with the new console trim. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to install it:
- Trial installation. We recommend starting your installation with the trial version. Place the parts in their designated locations. This way, you can ensure they look how you want them to.
- Apply glue (if necessary). Does your Mustang center console trim 2012 or others require glue? Then, follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully. Apply the adhesive sparingly and precisely to avoid unpleasant consequences.
- Install the new trim. Carefully place the new console trim pieces into their designated locations. Press them gently and evenly to ensure a secure fit. It will help ensure a secure connection.
- Plug in the electrical connectors. You probably disconnected any electrical connectors during the disassembly process. Now, it's time to reconnect them. Double-check that the connections are correct. Make sure that all functions related to the console trim work as intended.
- Reassemble the center console. Replace the center console cover, insert the cupholders, and secure the shift knob (if equipped). Tighten all screws and clips securely so everything stays in place.
- Reconnect the battery again. That's pretty much it and your 2010 Mustang center console trim installation is almost in place. Now, you can reconnect the battery.
- Check it out and inspect it. Finally, turn on your Mustang and check all the functions associated with the console trim. Make sure everything works as it should, and enjoy the updated look of the interior.
You will have installed your new console trim by carefully following these steps. Your Mustang's interior will now have a fresh and stylish look.
Tips for a Seamless Upgrade
Upgrading the center console trim of your 2013 Mustang and other years is possible. Here are a few tips to make it go smoothly:
- Take your time. Working too fast can lead to mistakes. Take your time at each step so that everything you do is accurate.
- Follow instructions. Always refer to the instructions that came with the console trim kit. In them, you will find specific recommendations for getting the job done.
- Be patient. When removing old trim, patience is your best friend. Use the trim removal tools carefully to avoid damaging the trim. Otherwise, you will have problems installing the new center console trim for the 2011 Mustang.
- Double-check the alignment. Before you attach the new trim, double-check the trim alignment. Make sure they are straight and look symmetrical.
- Cleanliness is key. Keep your work area and the surfaces you are working on clean. Dust and debris can ruin the adhesive's bond to the new finish.
- Check everything. After the remodel, check all the features and connections. This way, you can make sure they are working properly.
Following these tips, you can easily upgrade your Mustang's console trim. And your car's interior will shine like a star. Enjoy the results of your labor and attention to detail!
Upgrading your Ford Mustang Console Trim with a new console trim can transform its appearance. By following the step-by-step instructions, you can achieve a flawless upgrade. It will improve the style and aesthetics of your Mustang's interior. Remember that patience and accuracy are your allies in this project, so take your time and enjoy the process of giving your Mustang a new look.
Check out our Dyna Performance store if you want to get a quality part. At our store, you'll only find quality carbon fiber car parts. We fabricate dash trim for any Ford Mustang model. But, besides console trim, you can also find other parts like Steering Wheels in our store.
Our crisp work and commitment to quality make us the best in the market. So hurry up and choose only the best from the best.