If you're a Subaru WRX owner and you're looking to elevate the interior aesthetics of your beloved ride, installing WRX dashboard accents can be an exciting and worthwhile project.
These sleek and sporty trims not only add a touch of luxury to your car's dashboard. But they also serve as protective elements. They safeguard your dashboard from everyday wear and tear.
In this guide, we will walk you through the entire process, step by step. We will ensure you achieve a professional installation of carbon dash trims.
Preparation for Installation
No matter what you’re working with, the steering wheel, doors, or windows. Before the WRX carbon dash trim upgrade process, proper preparation is paramount. In this phase, you'll gather the essential tools. They're required for a successful installation, ensuring you have everything at your fingertips.
Also, we'll guide you through the crucial step of cleaning the dashboard surface. It will create the perfect canvas for your new trims. Adequate preparation sets the foundation for a smooth and professional installation. This ensures your Subaru WRX's interior transformation is a success.
Gather the Required Tools
To start step-by-step dash trim installation, let's make sure you have all the necessary tools. Having the right tools is essential for a smooth installation process. Here's a list of tools you will need:
- Carbon Dash Trims Kit. Ensure you have the correct carbon dash trims kit. It must be specifically designed for your Subaru WRX model. Check to make sure it includes all the required pieces for your dashboard.
- Trim Removal Tools. These tools are indispensable for safely prying off the old trims. You can find them at your local auto parts store. They come in various shapes and sizes. They're designed to suit different types of trim and dashboard materials.
- Adhesive or Clips. The method of carbon fiber dash trim installation may vary. It depends on the carbon trims kit you have. Some kits come with adhesive for a secure bond, while others use clips for attachment. Ensure you have the necessary adhesive or clips as per your kit's requirements.
- Clean Cloth. Having a clean cloth on hand is essential for wiping and cleaning surfaces. Choose a lint-free cloth to prevent any debris from getting trapped under the new trims.
- Rubbing Alcohol. You'll need rubbing alcohol to clean the dashboard surface before installation thoroughly. It's essential for removing any dirt, grime, or residual adhesive from previous trims.
- Microfiber Cloth. A microfiber cloth is ideal for achieving a streak-free finish when cleaning surfaces.
- Scissors. Keep a pair of scissors handy. You may need them to trim any excess adhesive or material.
Clean the Dashboard Surface
A clean and smooth surface is paramount for proper adhesion of the new Subaru WRX interior enhancement. Follow these steps to ensure your dashboard surface is immaculate:
- Begin by turning off your Subaru WRX's engine and disconnecting the battery. This is a safety precaution to avoid any electrical mishaps during the installation.
- Take your clean cloth and rubbing alcohol. And meticulously clean the entire dashboard surface. Pay close attention to areas where you'll be installing the carbon trims. Ensure you remove all dirt, dust, and any residual adhesive from previous trims.
- Take your microfiber cloth and give it a final wipe-down to cut any streaks or leftover residue.
Removing the Old Dash Trims
Removing the old dash trims from your Subaru WRX is a delicate process. It demands precision. In this block, we'll walk you through the careful steps required to safely pry off the existing trims.
We'll emphasize the importance of patience and attention to detail. We will guide you on dealing with any residual adhesive or residue that may be left behind. Successfully removing the old trims is a crucial step towards achieving a clean slate for your new carbon carbon fiber dash trim installation.
Carefully Pry Off the Old Trims
Begin by using your trim removal tools to gently pry off the old dash trims. Start at one end and work your way around. Apply a controlled and even pressure. It's to avoid damaging the dashboard or the trims themselves. Be patient and take your time during this process. If you face any resistance, carefully inspect the area for any hidden screws, clips, or fasteners holding the trims in place.
Clean Any Residue
After removing the old trims, you may notice some residue or adhesive left. To ensure a clean slate for your new Subaru WRX interior enhancement, follow these steps to remove any remaining residue:
- Use your rubbing alcohol and clean cloth once again. It's to gently but thoroughly remove any lingering adhesive or residue. Exercise caution to avoid scratching or damaging the dashboard surface.
- Continue cleaning until the entire surface is free from sticky residue. Ensure that the area where the carbon trims will be installed is particularly clean.
Installing the Carbon Dash Trims
Now comes the heart of the installation process – installing the carbon dash trims. We'll guide you through every detail, starting with a test fit to ensure perfect alignment and fit. Depending on your kit, we'll cover both adhesive and clip attachment methods. We will provide step-by-step instructions for each.
This phase is where your Subaru WRX's interior truly begins to transform. And our guide will ensure you achieve a professional installation of WRX dashboard accents.
Test Fit the Carbon Trims
Before applying any adhesive or clips, it's essential to do a test fit of the carbon trims on your dashboard. Carefully place the trims over the intended areas. Ensure that they align correctly and cover the designated surfaces. During this test fit, pay close attention to the fit and alignment. It's not uncommon for minor adjustments to be needed. If necessary, use your scissors to trim any excess material for a precise fit.
Apply Adhesive or Clips
Next step in the dash trim upgrade process is applying a thin, even layer of the automotive adhesive. It’s provided in your kit to the back of the carbon trims. Make sure to follow the adhesive manufacturer's instructions for the best results. Carefully align the trims with the dashboard. Ensure a perfect fit over the designated areas.
Once properly aligned, press the trims firmly into place. The adhesive should create a strong bond between the carbon trims and the dashboard. To ensure a secure attachment, use masking tape or clamps. It's to hold the trims in position while the adhesive sets. Refer to the adhesive manufacturer's instructions for the recommended curing time. Allow the adhesive to cure completely before proceeding. This may take some time. So be patient. Avoid touching or applying pressure during carbon fiber dash trim installation.
Press Firmly and Securely
Attach the provided clips to the back of the carbon trims. Do it according to the instructions included in your kit. Align the trims with the dashboard, ensuring they fit over the designated areas. Gently press the trims into place, allowing the clips to securely hold them in position.
Both adhesive and clip methods can yield excellent results when done correctly. Be sure to follow the instructions provided with your specific kit. It's to ensure a proper and secure attachment of the carbon dash trims.
Finishing Touches and Testing
At the end of step-by-step dash trim installation, attention to detail is crucial. We'll help check alignment and fit, ensuring that your carbon dash trims are in place.
We'll also guide you in reattaching components you removed. And we will ensure they are securely fastened.
Finally, we'll stress the importance of testing all functions. It's to guarantee your WRX's dashboard retains its full functionality after the installation. This phase ensures a polished finish to your interior upgrade project.
Check Alignment and Fit
Examine the Subaru WRX interior enhancement. It's to confirm that they are correctly aligned and fit snugly against the dashboard. Look for any gaps, overlaps, or areas where the trims might not be sitting flush with the dashboard. Make any final adjustments as needed to achieve a perfect fit. This involves repositioning the trims or using scissors to trim excess material.
Reattach Any Components
During the removal of the old trims, you may have had to disassemble some components. They're as air vents, control panels, or other dashboard elements. Now is the time to reattach these components securely:
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for reassembling any components that were removed.
- Ensure that all screws, clips, or fasteners are tightened properly. It's to prevent any rattling or loose parts.
Test All Functions
Testing all functions ensures installed WRX dashboard accents haven't interfered with components:
- Reconnect the vehicle's battery if you haven't already done so.
- Test all dashboard features. It includes air vents, buttons, knobs, and controls.
- Pay special attention to any electronic components. They're the infotainment system, climate controls, and instrument panel. It's to ensure they function correctly.
Congratulations, you've successfully installed carbon fiber dash trim! This upgrade not only enhances the interior aesthetics of your vehicle. But it also adds a layer of protection to your dashboard. The sleek and sporty look of carbon trims gives your WRX a touch of luxury and style. It complements its performance-oriented nature.
In this Dyna Performance's guide, we've covered each step of the installation process. We went from preparing for the project to conducting final tests. Following these instructions diligently and taking your time to achieve a precise fit, you've ensured a professional and polished finish for your Subaru WRX's interior.